Take Steps To Prevent Diabetes
*Move more. Walk, dance, or ride a bike with your friends or family. It doesn’t matter what activity you do, as long as you enjoy it.
*Choose healthy foods. Eat fiber-rich fruits and vegetables.
*Maintain a healthy weight. With healthy eating and more physical activity, you can drop pounds and keep them off.
*Set reasonable goals. Start with small changes, like being active for 15 minutes a day this week. Add 5 minutes per day each week until you’re up to at least 30 minutes, 5 days a week.
*Record your progress. Keep a diary of what you eat and drink and the number of minutes you exercise. It’s a great way to stay focused and reach your goals.
*Keep at it. Making even small changes is hard in the beginning. If you get off track, start again.
- Diabetes Health Sense
- Diabetes: NIH Health Information
- Diabetes: Am I at Risk?
- Learn How to Prevent Type 2 Diabetes in Your Family
- Small Steps, Big Rewards: Prevent Type 2 Diabetes
- National Diabetes Prevention Program (link is external) (CDC)
- Prediabetes: What You Need To Know
- A1C Test and Diabetes